Marble countertops are made from limestone. It is softer than granite and is typically the preferred stone for kitchen countertops, bathroom installation, wall and floor tiles and those that are surrounded by fire.
- Classic, timeless beauty, and a white brightness not available in other stones
- Because it is softer to work with than any other stones, Marble is less likely to get chipped or damaged when it is cut
- It’s naturally cool and not a heat conductor
- Heat resistant
- Easy to find as it is widely available
- Can be quite expensive
- Since it is a softer stone, you can expect to see more stains and scratches appearing on the surface
- If stained, the stains can be considered permanent
Natural marble countertops are a bold and beautiful feature to a home. Being a natural stone, marble is cool in temperature and does not conduct heat, which is a huge benefit in a kitchen. Although not recommended, placing hot trays and pans on marble, will not mark or affect the marble in any way.